Tags – Post-Tenancy Clean
Are you soon to move out of your student accommodation and need a cleaning guru to keep you motivated?
Look no further, here’s the ultimate guide to bossing your post-tenancy clean!
Let’s start at the very beginning … Throw out that rubbish. It’s only getting in the way, and then let’s meander to the…
- Remove any obstacles from the corridor.
- Dust around the doorframe and clean any glass, latches, door knobs etc.
- Hoover the carpet, and clean any stains.
- Remove any picture hooks and fill in any holes with filler.
Bedrooms and Living Spaces
- Dust all surfaces, including doors, window frames, ceilings and light fittings.
- Clean the windows with either glass cleaner, a combination of vinegar and water, or a damp newspaper.
- Wipe down the doorknobs, light switches and bannisters with anti-bacterial wipes.
- Get the hoover out, and vacuum all the floors,(carpet and wooden) and then mop where appropriate. Any stains should be cleaned and if stubborn, professionally removed.
- Get rid of those cobwebs and their residents.
- Again, remove and picture hooks and fill any holes with filler.
- Remove all rubbish.
- Pour sink unblocker down the drains and leave for the time stated on the bottle.
- Clean any soap scum off the tiles, sink and bath.
- Bleach the grout and scrub with an old toothbrush.
- Wipe down any counters, cabinet shelves, and drawers.
- Clean the mirrors and shower glass with glass cleaner and wipe dry to prevent watermarks.
- Clean the bath, shower, toilet and sink with bleach and/or a bathroom cleaner.
- Polish the taps.
- Scrub the toilet with a toilet brush and use bleach to remove any odours and stains. Leave the bleach to sit for at least five mins. Then close the lid and flush.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum the floor.
- Clear the exhaust fan if clogged with dust.
- Yes, you guessed it – take out the rubbish!
- Clear out all the kitchen cabinets, shelves and cupboards and disinfect their insides and outsides.
- Clean the sink and washboard using an all-purpose cleaner
- Pour sink unblocker down the drain and wait for the time stated.
- Clean and polish any taps and handles.
- Clear out the fridge and freezer, scrub the insides, remove all the shelves and soak in warm soapy water. Dry off and replace.
- Scrub the inside of the oven and stove top, remove racks and soak in warm soapy water. Dry off and replace.
- Wipe the front of the oven using a glass cleaner.
- Put the dishwasher on a cleaning cycle and wipe down the outside.
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop the floor
If you’re lucky enough to have a garden here’s what you need to do:
- Sweep the leaves at the front of the house.
- Clean your porch steps.
- Mow the lawn.
- Pull out any weeds.
- Wash the patio and pathways (front and back garden)
And finally, take photos as evidence of how you left it. You don’t want all that effort to be for nothing. That’s it, you’ve done it! Go and get yourself a takeaway coffee and get out of there.
To learn more, get in touch with us today.
In the meantime, please check our services for Student Accommodation Leicester.
You may also like: